Title 30: Public Service
Chapter 88: UNIVERSAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE
30 V.S.A. § 7511. Distribution generally
§ 7511. Distribution generally
(a) As directed by the public service board, funds collected by the fiscal agent, and interest accruing thereon, shall be distributed as follows:
(1) To pay costs payable to the fiscal agent under its contract with the public service board.
(2) To support the Vermont telecommunications relay service in the manner provided by section 7512 of this title.
(3) To support the Vermont lifeline program in the manner provided by section 7513 of this title.
(4) To support enhanced-911 services in the manner provided by section 7514 of this title.
(5) To reduce the cost to customers of basic telecommunications service in high-cost areas, in the manner provided by section 7515 of this title.
(b) If insufficient funds exist to support all of the purposes contained in subsection (a) of this section, the public service board shall conduct an expedited proceeding to allocate the available funds, giving priority in the order listed in subsection (a). (Added 1993, No. 197 (Adj. Sess.), § 5.)