Title 26: Professions and Occupations
Chapter 33: OSTEOPATHY
Sub-Chapter 02: Board Of Osteopathic Physicians And Surgeons
26 V.S.A. § 1792. Powers; duties
§ 1792. Powers; duties
(a) In addition to its other powers and duties, the board shall:
(1) Provide general information to applicants.
(2) Explain appeal procedures to licensees and applicants and complaint procedures to the public.
(3) Adopt rules which establish the activities that must be completed by an applicant in order to fulfill the experience requirements of this chapter. The rules shall require that the applicant's experience be under the supervision of an osteopathic physician licensed under this chapter. Such activities shall be designed to ensure that all applicants acquire experience in critical areas of osteopathic medicine, but shall not limit admission to licensure unless there is good reason to believe that licensure of a particular applicant would be inconsistent with safeguarding the public welfare.
(b) The board may:
(1) Adopt rules necessary for the performance of its duties.
(2) Issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses at any investigation or hearing.
(3) Issue orders relating to discovery in the same manner as a judge under the Vermont Rules of Civil Procedure.
(c) The board shall lack the power to condition, limit, or alter in any way the express terms of this chapter. (Amended 1989, No. 253 (Adj. Sess.), § 6.)