Title 26: Professions and Occupations
Chapter 30: OPTOMETRY
26 V.S.A. § 1708. Powers and duties
§ 1708. Powers and duties
(a) The board shall:
(1) Adopt rules under 3 V.S.A. chapter 25 necessary for the performance of its duties, ensuring that at least the following are established by statute or rule:
(A) A definition of the behavior for which a license is required;
(B) Explanations of appeal and other significant rights given by law to licensees, applicants, and the public.
(b) The board may:
(1) exercise authority granted under 3 V.S.A. chapter 5.;
(2) use the administrative services provided by the office of professional regulation under 3 V.S.A. chapter 5;
(3) Receive legal assistance from the attorney general of the state and from the legal counsel for the director of the office of professional regulation.
(c) The board shall not:
(1) limit the ownership of optometric practices to licensed optometrists;
(2) limit the number of offices or sites at which an optometrist may practice; or
(3) limit the right of optometrists to practice in an association, partnership, corporation, or other lawful entity with anyone. (Added 1979, No. 158 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1983, No. 242 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; 1989, No. 250 (Adj. Sess.), § 4(d); 2009, No. 35, § 28.)