The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24: Municipal and County Government


24 V.S.A. § 2501. Laying out parks

§ 2501. Laying out parks

A fifth or 50 or more of the freeholders of a town, desiring to have a public park or a public square laid in such town for the erection of a soldiers' monument or for other public purpose, may apply by petition in writing to the selectmen of the town requesting them to lay out such park or square. The selectmen shall thereupon examine the premises and appoint a time and place for hearing parties interested, and shall proceed in setting out land, awarding damages, and in all other particulars, as in laying out a highway upon petition of three freeholders. Persons aggrieved by the action of the selectmen shall have the same remedies as are provided for persons aggrieved by the action of selectmen in the laying out of a highway.