Title 21: Labor
Chapter 5: EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
Sub-Chapter 5A: Polygraph Protection Act
21 V.S.A. § 494. Definitions
§ 494. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Employer" means any individual, organization, or governmental body including partnership, association, trustee, estate, corporation, joint stock company, insurance company, or legal representative, whether domestic or foreign, or the receiver, trustee in bankruptcy, trustee or successor thereof, and any common carrier by mail, motor, water, air or express company doing business in or operating within this state, which has one or more individuals performing services for it within this state.
(2) "Employee" means every person who may be permitted, required or directed by any employer, in consideration of direct or indirect gain or profit, to perform services.
(3) "Prospective employee" means an individual seeking or being sought for employment with an employer.
(4) "Employment agency" means a person who undertakes, with or without compensation, to procure, refer, recruit or place for an employer or person, the opportunity to work for an employer.
(5) "Examiner" means any person licensed under chapter 53 of Title 26.
(6) "Polygraph examination" means any procedure which involves the use of instrumentation or a mechanical device to enable or assist the detection of deception, the verification of the truthfulness or the rendering of a diagnostic opinion regarding either of these, and includes a lie detector or similar test. (Added 1985, No. 89.)