Title 17: Elections
Chapter 59: CAMPAIGN FINANCE
Sub-Chapter 01: General Provisions
17 V.S.A. § 2803. Campaign reports; forms; filing
§ 2803. Campaign reports; forms; filing
(a) The secretary of state shall prescribe and provide a uniform reporting form for all campaign finance reports. The reporting form shall be designed to show the following information:
(1) the full name, town of residence, and mailing address of each contributor who contributes an amount in excess of $100.00, the date of the contribution, and the amount contributed;
(2) the total amount of all contributions of $100.00 or less and the total number of all such contributions;
(3) each expenditure listed by amount, date, to whom paid, and for what purpose;
(4) the amount contributed or loaned by the candidate to his or her own campaign during the reporting period; and
(5) each debt or other obligation, listed by amount, date incurred, to whom owed and for what purpose, incurred during the reporting period.
(b) The form shall require the reporting of all contributions and expenditures accepted or spent during the reporting period and during the campaign to date and shall require full disclosure of the manner in which any indebtedness is discharged or forgiven. Contributions and expenditures for the reporting period and for the campaign to date also shall be totaled in an appropriate place on the form. The total of contributions shall include a subtotal of nonmonetary contributions and a subtotal of all monetary contributions. The form shall contain a list of the required filing times so that the person filing may designate for which time period the filing is made. Contributions and expenditures received or spent after 5 p.m. on the third day prior to the filing deadline shall be reported on the next report.
(c) The form described in this section shall contain language of certification of the truth of the statements and places for the signature of the candidate or the treasurer of the campaign.
(d) All reports filed under this section shall be retained in an indexed file by the official with whom the report is filed and shall be subject to the examination of any person.
(e) Disclosure shall be limited to the information required to administer this chapter.
(f) The secretary may require that the form set forth in this section and mass media reports required under section 2893 of this title be filed in a digital format. (Added 1981, No. 197 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. date, see note set out below; amended 1985, No. 198 (Adj. Sess.), §§ 14, 15; 1987, No. 263 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; 1997, No. 64, § 11, eff. Nov. 4, 1998; 2005, No. 62, § 4; 2009, No. 17, § 1.)