Title 16: Education
Chapter 37: TECHNICAL TRAINING
16 V.S.A. § 1566. Incentive grants
§ 1566. Incentive grants
(a) Of the monies annually appropriated for overhead costs under section 1567 of this title, five percent shall be distributed to receiving school districts through competitive grants established by rule of the state board.
(b) The commissioner shall solicit proposals and award grants of not less than $20,000.00 and not more than $25,000.00.
(c) The commissioner shall be advised by an advisory group including at least five members representing Vermont business, industrial, agricultural and natural resources interests.
(d) The grants shall provide financial incentives for innovative, exemplary and effective educational practices to school districts that show evidence of having achieved one or more of the following:
(1) increased enrollment of secondary students from sending schools;
(2) increased enrollment of adults;
(3) the successful integration of academic education, skill training and employability trait development;
(4) a flexible response to meeting the technical education needs in the service region;
(5) successful placement of program graduates in jobs related to their technical education programs or in postsecondary institutions;
(6) increased enrollment in programs not traditional for the sex of the student;
(7) awarding appropriate credit toward requirements in apprenticeship programs and professional licensing programs;
(8) contracts between centers and postsecondary institutions to provide adult education and training at center sites;
(9) significant improvements in technical programs to meet emerging needs of employers; or
(10) effective scheduling practices to make better use of available instructional time, transportation systems and the integration of secondary and adult learners. (Added 1983, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1985, No. 47; 1987, No. 238 (Adj. Sess.), § 12a; 1991, No. 204 (Adj. Sess.), § 7.)