Title 16: Education
Chapter 37: TECHNICAL TRAINING
Sub-Chapter 02: State Board Of Education
16 V.S.A. § 1534. Course of study evaluation
§ 1534. Course of study evaluation
(a) At least once in each period of five years, and in coordination with the Vermont advisory council on technical education, the commissioner or designee shall evaluate the effectiveness of each course of study offered by any technical center in the state. The state board by rule shall prescribe the method for conducting these evaluations.
(b) Evaluations of courses of study shall consider at least the following areas as they apply in every center offering that course:
(1) the content and quality of the program, including the scope of instruction and the academic and practical competencies required for completion;
(2) the length of the course;
(3) the adequacy of equipment used in the course;
(4) the appropriateness of the program and its content in light of later career and higher education choices made by recent graduates;
(5) the usefulness of the program to recent graduates;
(6) coordination with other state programs, especially licensing, job training and apprenticeship programs;
(7) possibilities for decentralization of the program.
(c) [Repealed.] (Added 1983, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1991, No. 204 (Adj. Sess.), § 7; 2003, No. 122 (Adj. Sess.), § 294w.)