Title 16: Education
Chapter 37: TECHNICAL TRAINING
16 V.S.A. § 1533. Technical center evaluation
§ 1533. Technical center evaluation
(a) At least once in each period of five years, and in coordination with the Vermont advisory council on technical education, the commissioner or his designee shall evaluate the effectiveness of each technical center in the state. The state board by rule shall prescribe the method for conducting these evaluations.
(b) Evaluations of technical centers shall consider at least the following areas:
(1) compliance with this chapter and the rules of the state board;
(2) the condition and suitability of the facility and its equipment;
(3) the quality of the course of study, including faculty development policies and instruction;
(4) the overall success of the center at combining academic education, skill training and employability trait development into its program;
(5) the overall success of the center in providing regionwide services and a flexible response to student needs, integrating its courses of study into a coherent program, and coordinating its program with postsecondary technical education services;
(6) the satisfaction of the center's customer groups, including graduates, sending schools and local industry;
(7) the adequacy and effectiveness of the center in meeting the educational and employment needs of all its eligible students, including its success in taking steps to encourage each student to consider enrolling in courses not traditional for that student's sex.
(c) [Repealed.] (Added 1983, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1991, No. 204 (Adj. Sess.), §§ 3, 7; 2003, No. 122 (Adj. Sess.), § 294w.)