Title 16: Education
Chapter 9: SCHOOL DISTRICTS
Sub-Chapter 5: Harassment, Hazing, And Bullying
16 V.S.A. § 570c. Bullying
§ 570c. Bullying
The bullying prevention policy required by section 570 of this title and its plan for implementation shall include:
(1) A statement that bullying, as defined in subdivision 11(a)(32) of this title, is prohibited.
(2) A procedure that directs students, staff, parents, and guardians how to report violations and file complaints.
(3) A procedure for investigating reports of violations and complaints.
(4) A description of the circumstances under which bullying may be reported to a law enforcement agency.
(5) Consequences and appropriate remedial action for students who commit bullying.
(6) A description of how the school board will ensure that teachers and other staff members receive training in preventing, recognizing, and responding to bullying.
(7) Annual designation of two or more people at each school campus to receive complaints and a procedure both for publicizing the availability of those people and clarifying that their designation does not preclude a student from bringing a complaint to any adult in the building. (Added 2011, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 12, eff. May 11, 2012.)