Title 15: Domestic Relations
Chapter 11: ANNULMENT AND DIVORCE
15 V.S.A. § 666. Agreements between parents
§ 666. Agreements between parents
(a) Any agreement between the parents which divides or shares parental rights and responsibilities shall be presumed to be in the best interests of the child.
(b) An agreement between the parties which is a complete agreement on parental rights and responsibilities shall include provisions that address at least the following:
(1) physical living arrangements;
(2) parent child contact;
(3) education of the minor child;
(4) medical, dental and health care;
(5) travel arrangements;
(6) procedures for communicating about the child's welfare; and
(7) if parental rights and responsibilities are to be shared or divided, procedures for resolving disputes. Such procedures may include but shall not be limited to mediation and binding arbitration.
(c) If the court finds that an agreement between the parents is not in the best interests of the child or if the court finds that an agreement was not reached voluntarily the court shall refuse to approve the agreement. (Added 1985, No. 181 (Adj. Sess.), § 4.)