Title 13: Crimes and Criminal Procedure
Chapter 167: CRIME VICTIMS
Sub-Chapter 002: Center For Crime Victims Services
13 V.S.A. § 5361. Center for crime victims services
§ 5361. Center for crime victims services
(a) The center for crime victims services is created and shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Strengthen and coordinate programs serving crime victims.
(2) Promote the rights and needs of crime victims statewide.
(4) Assist in the development and administration of other programs and services for crime victims and witnesses, as needed.
(5) Administer the federal Victims of Crime Act funds (VOCA).
(6) Serve as a clearinghouse for information regarding victims of crime.
(b) The center shall be governed by and attached to the victims compensation board for administrative support.
(c) The board may employ such staff as necessary to carry out its responsibilities under this chapter and chapter 165 of this title. (Added 1991, No. 263 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1993, No. 88 § 2; 2003, No. 57, § 2, eff. July 1, 2004.)