Title 10: Conservation and Development
Chapter 166: COLLECTION AND RECYCLING OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES
10 V.S.A. § 7559. Agency of natural resources responsibilities
§ 7559. Agency of natural resources responsibilities
The agency of natural resources shall:
(1) Adopt and administer the standard plan required under section 7552 of this title.
(2) Establish procedures for:
(A) the registration and certifications required under this chapter; and
(B) making the registrations and certifications required under this chapter easily available to manufacturers, retailers, and members of the public.
(3) Collect the data submitted under this chapter.
(4) Annually review data submitted under this chapter to determine whether any of the variables in the statewide recycling goal should be changed. The agency shall submit recommended changes to the senate and house committees on natural resources and energy.
Subdivision (5) repealed effective February 16, 2014, see note set out below.
(5) Beginning February 15, 2012, annually report to the senate and house committees on natural resources and energy, the house committee on ways and means, the senate committee on finance, and the senate and house committees on appropriations regarding the implementation of this chapter. Prior to submitting this report, the secretary shall share it with interested persons. For each program year, the report shall provide the total weight of electronic waste recycled. The report shall also summarize the various collection programs used to collect electronic waste; information regarding electronic waste that is being collected by persons outside a plan approved under this chapter; and information about electronic waste, if any, being disposed of in landfills in this state. The report shall include an accounting of the cost of the program, the governor's estimated budget for the program for the next relevant fiscal year, and a summary of the funding sources for the program. The ag
ency may include in its report other information regarding the implementation of this chapter and may recommend additional incentives to increase the rate of recycling.
(6) Maintain a website that includes the names of manufacturers with current, valid registrations; the manufacturers' brands listed in registrations filed with the agency. The agency shall update the website information within 10 days of receipt of a complete registration.
(7) In consultation with interested parties, establish guidelines for the environmentally sound management of consumer electronics, including specific requirements for collectors, transporters, and recyclers.
(8) Identify approved transporters, collectors, and recyclers. (Added 2009, No. 79 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. April 19, 2010.)