Title 10: Conservation and Development
Chapter 159: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Sub-Chapter 003: Brownfields Reuse And Environmental Liability Limitations
10 V.S.A. § 6655. State plan for brownfield reclamation
§ 8502. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "District commission" means a district environmental commission established under chapter 151 of this title.
(2) "District coordinator" means a district environmental coordinator attached to a district commission established under chapter 151 of this title.
(3) "Environmental Court" or "Environmental Division" means the Environmental Division of the Superior Court established by 4 V.S.A. § 30.
(4) "Natural Resources Board" or "Board" means the Board established under chapter 151 of this title.
(5) "Party by right" means the following:
(A) The applicant.
(B) The landowner, if the applicant is not the landowner.
(C) The municipality in which the project site is located, and the municipal and regional planning commissions for that municipality.
(D) If the project site is located on a boundary, any Vermont municipality adjacent to that border and the municipal and regional planning commissions for that municipality.
(E) The solid waste management district in which the land is located, if the development or subdivision constitutes a facility pursuant to subdivision 6602(10) of this title.
(F) Any state agency affected by the proposed project.
(6) "Person" means any individual; partnership; company; corporation; association; joint venture; trust; municipality; the State of Vermont or any agency, department, or subdivision of the State, any federal agency, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(7) "Person aggrieved" means a person who alleges an injury to a particularized interest protected by the provisions of law listed in section 8503 of this title, attributable to an act or decision by a district coordinator, district commission, the Secretary, or the Environmental Division that can be redressed by the Environmental Division or the Supreme Court.
(8) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Natural Resources or the Secretary's duly authorized representative. As used in this chapter, "Secretary" shall also mean the Commissioner of Environmental Conservation, the Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation, and the Commissioner of Fish and Wildlife, with respect to those statutes that refer to the authority of that Commissioner or Department. (Added 2003, No. 115 (Adj. Sess.), § 74, eff. Jan. 31, 2005; amended 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), §§ 53e, 236; 2013, No. 11, § 22.)