Title 10: Conservation and Development
Chapter 123: PROTECTION OF ENDANGERED SPECIES
10 V.S.A. § 5410. Location confidential
§ 6551. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Fragile area" means an area of land or water which has unusual or significant flora, fauna, geological or similar features of scientific, ecological or educational interest.
(2) "Register" means the fragile areas register which lists those fragile areas designated by the secretary.
(3) "Secretary" means the secretary of the agency of natural resources.
(4) "Adjacent" means those lands and waters directly abutting a site on the register, including lands and waters separated from the site by highways or bodies of water where such separated lands and waters are an integral part of the site's ecosystem.
(5) "Registry" means the act of voluntary agreement between the owner of a fragile area and the secretary for designation of the fragile area and its placement on the register of fragile areas.
(6) "Register of fragile areas" means the listing of fragile areas which are being managed by the owner of the fragile area according to guidelines adopted by the secretary. (Added 1977, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1987, No. 76, § 18; 1989, No. 207 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)