Title 9: Commerce and Trade
Chapter 137: RESIDENTIAL RENTAL AGREEMENTS
9 V.S.A. § 4452. Exclusions
§ 4452. Exclusions
Unless created to avoid the application of this chapter, this chapter does not apply to any of the following:
(1) Occupancy at a public or private institution, operated for the purpose of providing medical, geriatric, educational, counseling, religious, or similar service.
(2) Occupancy under a contract of sale of a dwelling unit or the property of which it is a part, if the occupant is the purchaser or a person who succeeds to the interest of the purchaser.
(3) Occupancy by a member of a fraternal, social, or religious organization in the portion of a building operated for the benefit of the organization.
(4) Transient occupancy in a hotel, motel, or lodgings during the time the occupancy is subject to a tax levied under 32 V.S.A. chapter 225.
(5) Occupancy by the owner of a condominium unit or the holder of a proprietary lease in a cooperative.
(6) Rental of a mobile home lot governed by 10 V.S.A. chapter 153.
(7) Transient residence in a campground, which for the purposes of this chapter means any property used for seasonal or short-term vacation or recreational purposes on which are located cabins, tents, or lean-tos, or campsites designed for temporary set-up of portable or mobile camping, recreational, or travel dwelling units, including tents, campers, and recreational vehicles such as motor homes, travel trailers, truck campers, and van campers. (Added 1985, No. 175 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1987, No. 116, § 1; 1987, No. 252 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 2007, No. 196 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)