Title 3: Executive
Chapter 45: ADMINISTRATION
Sub-Chapter 04: Departments, Divisions, And Boards
3 V.S.A. § 2281. Department of Finance and Management
§ 2281. Department of Finance and Management
The Department of Finance and Management is created in the Agency of Administration and is charged with all powers and duties assigned to it by law, including the following:
(1) To administer the financial transactions of the State, including payroll transactions, in accordance with the law and within the limits of appropriations made by the General Assembly.
(2) To conduct management studies and audits of the performance of State government.
(3) To prepare the Executive budget.
(4) To report on an annual basis to the Joint Fiscal Committee at its November meetings on the allocation of funds contained in the annual pay acts and the allocation of funds in the annual appropriations act which relate to those annual pay acts. The report shall include the formula for computing these funds, the basis for the formula, and the distribution of the different funding sources among State agencies. The report shall also be submitted to the members of the House and Senate Committees on Government Operations and Appropriations. The provisions of 2 V.S.A. § 20(d) (expiration of required reports) shall not apply to the report to be made under this subdivision.
(5) To maintain a central payroll office which shall be the successor to and continuation of the payroll functions of the Department of Human Resources. (Added 1971, No. 92, § 7, eff. June 1, 1971; amended 1987, No. 243 (Adj. Sess.), § 16, eff. June 13, 1988; 1999, No. 49, § 132; 2005, No. 66, § 12; 2007, No. 7, § 1; 2007, No. 65, § 404, eff. June 4, 2007; 2013, No. 142 (Adj. Sess.), § 12.)