Title 3: Executive
Chapter 45: ADMINISTRATION
Sub-Chapter 04: Departments, Divisions, And Boards
3 V.S.A. § 2281. Department of Finance and Management
§ 2401. Definitions
In this chapter the following words mean:
(1) Agency: The agency of commerce and community development.
(2) Department: A major component of the agency.
(3) Director: The head of a division of the agency.
(4) Division: A major component of a department engaged in furnishing services to the public or to units of government at levels other than the state level.
(5) Commissioner: The head of a department responsible to the secretary for the administration of the department.
(6) Secretary: The head of the agency, a member of the governor's cabinet and responsible to the governor for the administration of the agency. (1969, No. 271 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 10, 1971; amended 1995, No. 190 (Adj. Sess.), § 1(a).)