Title 3: Executive
Chapter 25: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE
3 V.S.A. § 839. Publication of proposed rules
§ 839. Publication of proposed rules
(a) The Secretary of State shall publish online notice of a proposed rule within two weeks of receipt of the proposed rule. Notice shall include the following information:
(1) the name of the agency;
(2) the title or subject of the rule;
(3) a concise summary of the effect of the rule;
(4) an explanation of the people, enterprises, and governmental entities affected by the rule;
(5) a brief summary of economic impact;
(6) the name, telephone number, and address of an agency official able to answer questions and receive comments on the proposal;
(7) the date, time, and place of the hearing or hearings; and
(8) the deadline for receiving comments.
(b) The Secretary of State may edit all notices for clarity, brevity, and format and shall include a brief statement explaining how members of the public can participate in the rulemaking process.
(c) The Secretary of State shall arrange for one formal publication, in a consolidated advertisement in newspapers having general circulation in different parts of the State as newspapers of record approved by the Secretary of State, of information relating to all proposed rules that includes the following information:
(1) the name of the agency and its Internet address;
(2) the title or subject and a concise summary of the rule; and
(3) the office name, office telephone number, and office mailing address of an agency official able to answer questions and receive comments on the proposal.
(d) The Secretary of State shall be reimbursed by agencies making publication in accordance with subsection (c) of this section so that all costs are prorated among agencies publishing at the same time. (Added 1981, No. 82, § 6; amended 2009, No. 146 (Adj. Sess.), § F2; 2013, No. 1, § 79.)