12. Appendix B: Selected References
These references are the major public documents from which a substantial amount of research was conducted. In addition, a number of memos and notes have been used, however, they are not listed here.
- Betts, Mitch, "States bypassing Feds on information highway," Computerworld , June 20, 1994, p.8.
- Boerner, Robert D., "Effective Budgeting and Oversight for Information Technology Expenditures," National Conference of State Legislatures, December 1995.
- Center for Policy Alternatives and the Benton Foundation, "State and Local Strategies for Connecting Communities: A Snapshot of the 50 States".
- Fletcher Allen Health Care, "Information Technology Proposal," August 10, 1995.
- Klein, Stephen A., Duncan W. Goss, Donald E. Dickson Jr., "Study of Vermont State Data Processing System Purchases and Vermont State Information Systems Planning and Design", State of Vermont Joint Fiscal Committee, December 1993.
- Pease, Greg, "Who Will Wire America?," Governing, October 1993, p.26-31.
- Rosenblum, Lisa, "The Telecommunications Act of 1996" Handouts from a presentation given at Vermont College on May 6, 1996.
- United States Advisory Council on the National Information Infrastructure, "Connecting Americas Communities to the Information Superhighway."
- University of Vermont Committee for Strategic Planning in Information Technology, "Doing IT at UVM: A Strategic Plan for Information Technology at the University of Vermont," March 7, 1995.
- Vermont Business Roundtable, "Vermonts Place in the Telecommunications Age: An Interim Report by the Vermont Business Roundtable," September 1995.
- Vermont Chief Information Officer, "State of Vermont Information Technology Five Year Plan," FY 1996 - FY 2000," First Edition, January, 1995.
- Vermont Department of Public Service, "Vermont Telecommunications Plan Final Draft," August 1996.
- Vermont State Auditors Office, "1995 General Purpose Financial Statement Audit: Electronic Data processing Internal Control Review: Findings and Recommendations," 1995.
- Vermont Technology Council, "Vermont Science and Technology Plan," December 1994.