tuesday, january 30, 2007
TABLE OF CONTENTS
S. 52 Motor vehicles, snowmobiles, motorboats, and all terrain vehicles........ 43
S. 53 Relating to motor vehicles................................................................... 43
S. 54 Relating to motor vehicles wreckers.................................................... 43
An act relating to motor vehicles, snowmobiles, motorboats, and all-terrain vehicles.
An act relating to motor vehicles.
An act relating to motor vehicle wreckers.
The following appointments will be considered by the Senate, as a group, under suspension of the Rules, as moved by the President pro tempore, for confirmation together and without debate, by consent thereby given by the Senate. However, upon request of any senator, any appointment may be singled out and acted upon separately by the Senate, with consideration given to the report of the Committee to which the appointment was referred, and with full debate; and further, all appointments for the positions of Secretaries of Agencies, Commissioners of Departments, Judges, Magistrates, and members of the Public Service Board shall be fully and separately acted upon.
Robert Britt of South Burlington - Member of the Vermont Economic Development Authority - By Sen. Condos for the Committee on Finance. (1/25)
David E. L. Brown of Shelburne - Member of the Board of Libraries - By Sen. Giard for the Committee on Education. (1/31)
John Rosenthal of Charlotte - Member of the Board of Libraries - By Sen. Doyle for the Committee on Education. (1/31)
REPORTS ON FILE
Pursuant to the provisions of 2 V.S.A. §20(c), one (1) copy of the following reports is on file in the office of the Secretary of the Senate:
53. Gross Operating Revenues of Regulated Utilities for FY 2006. (Public Service Board) (January 2007).
54. Expenditures in the Lead Sinker Public Education Program. (Department of Fish and Wildlife) (January 2007).
55. Free and Honorary Hunting and Fishing Licenses. (Department of Fish and Wildlife) (January 2007).
56. Reciprocal Fishing License for Lake Champlain. (Department of Fish and Wildlife) (January 2007).
57. Management of the Deer Herd. (Department of Fish and Wildlife) (January 2007).
58. Adult Disability Care Payments in Household Income. (Agency of Human Services, Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living) (January 2007).
59. Vermont Center for Geographic Information, Inc. (January 2007).
60. Public Records Requirements in Vermont. (Legislative Council) (January 2007).
61. Implementation of a Vermont Advance Directive Registry Report. (Department of Health) (January 2007).
62. Unified Economic Development budget Proposal. (Department of Finance and Management) (January 2007).
63. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Work Group. (Legislative Council) (January 2007).
64. Consolidated Executive Branch Fee Report. (Department of Finance and Management) (January 2007).
65. Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. (Department of Finance and Management) (January 2007).
66. Report on Act 178: An Act Relating to Unidentified Corridors. (Department of Housing and Community Affairs) (January 2007).
67. Municipal Permitting and Siting of Amateur Radio Antennae and Support Structures and Municipal Compliance with the Requirements of 24 V.S.A. §2296(b) (Department of Housing and Community Affairs) (January 2007).
68. Progress Report of the Mental Health Oversight Committee. (Legislative Council) (January 2007).
69. Office of the State Treasurer 2006 Annual Report. (January 2007).
70. State Land Forest Management Report. (Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation) (January 2007).
71. Conservation Motor Vehicle Registration Plates. (Department of Fish and Wildlife) (January 2007).
Joint Public Hearing on Fiscal Year 2008 budget
on Vermont Interactive Television
Monday, February 5, 2007, 4:15-5:45 p.m. – The House and Senate Appropriations Committees will hold a joint public hearing on Vermont Interactive Television (V.I.T.) to give Vermonters throughout the state an opportunity to express their views about the State budget for fiscal year 2008. All V.I.T. sites will be available for the hearing: Bennington, Brattleboro, Castleton, Johnson, Lyndonville, Middlebury, Montpelier, Newport, Randolph Center, Rutland, Springfield, St. Albans, Waterbury, White River Junction and Williston. V.I.T.’s web site (www.vitlink.org) has an up-to-date location listing, including driving directions, addresses and telephone numbers.
For information about the format of this event, interested parties may call the House Appropriations Committee office at 802/828-2251. Requests for interpreters should be made to the office by 12:00 noon on Friday, January 26.
Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 6:00-7:00 P.M. - at the Vermont Dept. of Labor , Green Mountain Drive, Montpelier - Re: Judicial Retention - Joint Committee on Judicial Retention.
Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:30 A.M. - House Chamber - Election of a Sergeant at Arms, of an Adjutant and Inspector General, and of three (3) trustees for the University of Vermont, and Vermont and State Agricultural College.
Candidates for the positions of Sergeant at Arms and of Adjutant and Inspector General, and legislative candidates for UVM trustees must notify the Secretary of State in writing of their candidacies not later than Thursday, February 8, 2007, by 5:00 P.M., pursuant to the provisions of 2 V.S.A. §12(b). Otherwise their names will not appear on the ballots for these positions.
The following rules shall apply to the conduct of these elections:
First: All nominations for these offices will be presented in alphabetical order prior to voting.
Second: There will be only one nominating speech of not more than three (3) minutes and not more than two seconding speeches of not more than one (1) minute each for each nominee.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street