friday, january 12, 2007
TABLE OF CONTENTS
S. 32 Relating to appointments and terms for energy coordinator................... 11
Concurrent Resolutions for Adoption
(For text of Resolutions, see Addendum to January 11, 2007 Calendar
HCR 7 David Ball of Orange on his college football career................................ 7
HCR 8 Vergennes Union H.S. 2006 championship girls’ soccer team................ 8
HCR 9 Danville School 2006 championship boys’ soccer team.......................... 9
HCR 10 Danville Division IV championship baseball team................................ 10
HCR 11 Legion’s Pierce-Lawton Post 37 championship baseball team............. 11
HCR 12 Bellows Falls Union H.S. track and field championship team............... 13
HCR 13 Vermont Attractions Association 50th anniversary.............................. 14
HCR 14 McGirr’s Nursing Home 40th anniversary .......................................... 15
HCR 15 Honoring Jeff Benay chair of Native American affairs.......................... 16
An act relating to appointments and terms for energy coordinators.
Reported favorably by Senator Doyle for the Committee on Government Operations.
(Committee vote: 5-0-0)
Concurrent Resolutions for Adoption under Joint Rule 16a
The following concurrent resolutions have been introduced for approval by the Senate and House and will be adopted automatically unless a Senator or Representative requests floor consideration before today’s adjournment. Requests for floor consideration in either chamber should be communicated to the Secretary’s office and/or the House Clerk’s office, respectively. For text of resolutions, see Addendum to Senate Calendar of Thursday, January 12, 2007.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the Vergennes Union High School Commodores 2006 Division II championship girls’ soccer team.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the 2006 Danville School Indians Division IV championship boys’ soccer team.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the 2006 Danville Indians Division IV championship baseball team.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the Pierce-Lawton Post 37 baseball team on winning the 2006 American Legion’s Vermont state championship.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the 2006 Bellows Falls Union High School Terriers Division II track and field championship team.
House concurrent resolution congratulating the Vermont Attractions Association on its 50th anniversary.
House concurrent resolution congratulating McGirr’s Nursing home on its 40th anniversary.
House concurrent resolution honoring Jeff Benay for his service as chair of the governor’s advisory commission on Native American affairs.
NOTICE OF TRAINING SESSIONS AND MEETINGS
Friday, January 12, 9:00 am to 12:30 pm – Room 11
Subject: Negotiation and conflict resolution in a legislative context
Participants: All members of House and Senate invited
Presenter: David Landis, Nebraska legislator, national consultant on negotiation process.
Wednesday, January 17, 3:30 to 5:00 – Room 11
Thursday, January 18, 3:30 to 5:00 – Room 11
Friday, January 19, 1:30 to 3:00 – Room 11
Subject: Sexual Harassment Training Sessions
Participants: All Members of the House and staff. [Participants are asked to sign up for one of these three sessions with Alexandra Maclean, Assistant to the Speaker. The sessions are most effective with no more than 50 participants in each.]
Presenter: Susan M. Sussman, Esq., employment law consultant.
Computer Training – Room 10
Friday, 1/12 12:00-1:30 GroupWise
Tuesday, 1/16 12:00-1:30 GroupWise
Tuesday, 1/16 4:00-5:30 Word Basics
Wednesday, 1/17 12:00-1:30 Word Basics
Wednesday, 1/17 4:00-5:30 GroupWise
Thursday, 1/18 12:00-1:30 Excel Basics
Thursday, 1/18 4:00-5:30 Excel Basics
Subject: State House computer system training
Participants: Any member of the House or Senate
Presenters: Panurgy and the Legislative Information Technology staff.
Many of the classes are filling up, so you should act quickly if you are interested. Please contact Marty O’Connor at 828-0248, email at email@example.com.
REPORTS ON FILE
Pursuant to the provisions of 2 V.S.A. §20(c), one (1) copy of the following reports is on file in the office of the Secretary of the Senate:
1. Annual Report of the Bank Commissioner. (Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities & Health Care Administration). (June 2006).
2. Vermont Blueprint for Health. (Department of Health). (June 2006).
3. Annual Report. (Children & Family Council for Prevention Programs). June 2006).
4. Report of the Development Cabinet. (Agency of Administration). August 2006).
5. Annual Report of the Insurance Commissioner. (Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities and Health Care Administration). (August 2006).
6. National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Annual Report. (Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities and Health Care Administration). (September 2006).
7. Emergency Relief and Assistance Fund: Status Report. (Agency of Administration). (October 2006).
8. Vermont 2007 Blueprint for Health Interim Strategic Plan. (Department of Health). (October 2006).
9. Executive orders: Boards and Commissions Authorized to Receive Per Diems. (Agency of Administration). (November 2006).
10. Analysis of an Income-Based Education Properly Tax for Vermonters. (Joint Fiscal Office).
11. Youth Conservation Corps Clean and Clear Program. (Department of Environmental Conservation). (December 2006).
12. Fletcher Allen Health Care & Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center collaboration activities. (Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities and Health Care Administration). (December 2006).
13. Transition Payments for Survivors of Domestic Violence. (Department of Labor). (December 2006).
14. Department of Liquor Control 2006 Annual Report. (January 2007).
15. Joint Legislative Corrections Oversight Committee 2006 Report. (January 2007).
16. Report relating to Act 205, Sec. 3 - Relating to 18 V.S.A. §4218 (Medical privacy concerns that may be raised by permitting law enforcement unfettered access to pharmacy records). (Agency of Human Services, Department of Health) (January 2007).
17. Vermont Health Information Technology Preliminary Plan. (Vermont Information Technology Plan Workgroup; Vermont Information Technology Leaders under contract with the Department of Banking, Insurance, Securities & Health Care Administration) (January 2007).
18. West Mountain Wildlife Management Area Camp Removal Plan. (Agency of Natural Resources, Dept. of Forests, Parks and Recreation) (January 2007).
19. Tobacco Compliance Tests Conducted During 2006 Report to the General Assembly. (Department of Liquor Control) (January 2007).
20. Municipal Planning Grant (MPG) Awards. (Department of Housing and Community Affairs). (January 2007).
21. Pilot Project for Drug Court Initiative Committees. (Office of the Court Administrator) (January 2007).
22. Performance of the Environmental Court. (Office of the Court Administrator) (January 2007).
Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 6:30-8:30 P.M. - Room 11 - Re: Public comment on final report of the Pre-Kindergarten Education Study Committee - House Study Committee on Pre-Kindergarten Education.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street