H. 19 Amendment to St. Albans Charter....................................................... 18
Rep. Martin of Wolcott of Government Operations
H. 23 Amendment to Stowe Charter.............................................................. 18
Rep. Evans for Government Operations
(See Addendum to House and Senate Calendar)
H.C.R. 16 Honoring Allison Hicks for Cancer Prevention Campaign............... 18
H.C.R. 17 In Memory of American Military Personnel.................................... 18
H.C.R. 18 Congratulating Norwich Women’s Club on 100th Anniversary........ 19
H.C.R. 19 Honoring Norwich Fire Chief Howard D. ‘Jack’ Fraser................. 19
H.C.R. 20 Congratulating Woodstock UHS Football Team............................ 19
H.C.R. 21 Memory of USA Col. (Ret.) John A. Williams, State Historian...... 19
S.C.R. 1 Honoring David and Dorothy Stevens of Wells River...................... 19
S.C.R. 2 Honoring Dr. Harry Rowe of Wells River...................................... 19
An act relating to approval of amendment to the charter of the city of St. Albans.
Rep. Martin of Wolcott, for the Committee on Government Operations, recommends the bill ought to pass.
( Committee Vote: 10-0-1)
An act relating to approval of amendments to the charter of the town of Stowe.
Rep. Evans of Essex, for the Committee on Government Operations, recommends the bill ought to pass.
( Committee Vote: 10-01)
Concurrent Resolutions for Notice Under Joint Rule 16
The following concurrent resolutions have been introduced for approval by the House and Senate and have been printed in the Senate and House Addendum to today’s calendars. These will be adopted automatically unless a member requests floor consideration before the end of the session of the next legislative day. Requests for floor consideration should be communicated to the Clerk of the House or to a member of his staff.
(For text of Resolutions, see Addendum to Senate Notice Calendar for Thursday, January, 18 2006)
House concurrent resolution honoring Allison Hicks for her self-initiated campaign to prevent and eradicate cervical cancer in Vermont
House concurrent resolution in memory of the American military personnel who have died in the service of their nation in Iraq from December 20, 2005 to December 29, 2006
House concurrent resolution congratulating the Norwich Women’s Club on its centennial anniversary
House concurrent resolution honoring Norwich fire chief Howard D. “Jack” Fraser for his half century of outstanding local, state, and national public service
House concurrent resolution congratulating the 2006 Woodstock Union High School Wasps Division III championship football team
House concurrent resolution in memory of United States Army Colonel (Ret.) and former Vermont state historian John A. Williams of Colchester
Senate concurrent resolution honoring David "Dave" and Dorothy Stevens of Wells River.
Senate concurrent resolution honoring Dr. Harry Rowe of Wells River for his six decades of outstanding service as a family physician.
To All House Members:
Request Deadline - All requests for introduction of bills drafted in standard form must be submitted to the Legislative Council by Wednesday, January 31, 2003.
During the first year of the biennium, a member may request introduction of a bill drafted in short form and submitted to the Legislative Council anytime during the session.
Introduction Deadline - Except with prior consent of the Committee on Rules, all bills drafted in standard form, shall be introduced by February 28,2003.
During the first year of the biennium Committee bills may be introduced at anytime.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:00 PM Governor’s Budget message
Thursday, January 25, 2007 – Room 11 – 6:30 – 8:00 PM - Prekindergarten Education Study Committee - Public comment on their final report.
Revised Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Schedule
Wednesday, January 24, 3:30 to 5:00 – Room 10
Friday, January 26, 1:30 to 3:00 – Room 11
Wednesday, January 31, 3:30 to 5:00 – Room 10
Subject: Sexual Harassment Training Sessions
Participants: All Members of the House and staff. [Please confirm with Alexandra Maclean, Assistant to the Speaker. The sessions are most effective with no more than 50 participants in each.]
Presenter: Susan M. Sussman, Esq., employment law consultant
The Clerk of the House has received the following reports, copies of which may be ordered from his office:
REPORTS – 2007
1. National Association of Insurance Commissioners 2005 Annual Report.
2. State of Vermont Report of the Development Cabinet. Agency of Administration. 828-3322.
3. Insurance Commissioner 2005 Annual Report. 828-3301.
4. Vermont Blueprint for Health Preliminary Report on Implementation Structure Recommendation and Timeline. Vermont Department of Health. 863-7280.
5. Vermont 2007 Blueprint for Health: Interim Strategic Plan. Vermont Department of Health. 863-7281.
6. Executive Orders: Boards and Commissions Authorized to Receive Per Diems. Agency of Administration. 828-3322.
7. Collaboration report from Fletcher Allen Healthcare and Dartmouth Medical Center. Health Care Administration. 828-2900.
8. VYCC Clean and Clear Program 2006 Report. Vermont Youth Conservation Corps. 434-3969.
9. Analysis of an Income-Based Education Property Tax for Vermonters. Joint Fiscal Office.
10. Emergency Relief and Assistance Fund: Status Report. Agency of Administration. 828-3322.
11. Emergency Relief and Assistance Fund: Status Report. Agency of Administration. 828-3322.
12. Children & Family Council Annual Report 2006. 241-2953
13. Vermont Information Technology Leaders Progress Report. 223-4100
14. Commissioner’s Uncompensated Care Report. BISHCA 828-2900
15. Legislative Study Committee of Groundwater Regulation and Funding Preliminary Report. Legislative Council. 828-2231
16. Act 129 Mental Health and Substance Abuse Task Force. BISHCA 828-2900
17. Vermont Health Care Expenditure Analysis & Three-Year Forecast 2005 report. BISHCA 828-2900
18. Report on the Continuation of Health Insurance Coverage for Young Adult Children and Spouses following Divorce or Dissolution. BISHCA 828-9-2900
19. Vermont Long Term Care Partnership Program. BISHCA 828-2900
20. Options for the Treatment of Seasonal Workers under the Employers’ Healthcare Premium Contribution. Agency of Administration. 828-3322
21. Enhanced 911 Board Report. 828-4911
22. Priorities for Designation Downtowns, Village Centers and Growth Centers. Agency of Administration. 828-3322
23. Workforce Report Fiscal Year 2006. Dept. of Human Resources 828-3491
24. Property Valuation and Review Annual Report. Vermont Department of Taxes.
25. Comman Claims Work Group Interim Report. 747-1600
26. Vtrans Miscellaneous Reports. Policy & Planning Division. 828-3441
27. Collaboration Between the Vermont BISHCA AND THE Executive Office for U.S. Trustee, U.S. Department of Justice. BISHCA 828-3307
28. Performance of the Environmental Court. Office of Court Administrator 828-3278
29. Pilot Project for Drug Court Initiative Committees Report. Office of Court Administrator. 828-3278
30. Mercury Pollution Report. Mercury Advisory Committee. 769-4269
31. Juvenile Justice Commission Repot. Agency of Human Services
32. Vermont Office of Child Support Connecting with Partners Annual Report.
33. Medical Privacy Concerns. Commissioner of Department of Health. 863-7280
34. Tobacco Compliance Tests Conducted During 2006. Vermont Department of Liquor Control. 828-2345
35. Corrections Oversight Committee Report.
36. Department of Liquor Control 2006 Annual Report. 828-2345
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street