|BILL AS INTRODUCED||2007-2008|
Introduced by Senator Collins of Franklin District and Senator Kittell of Franklin District
Subject: Taxation and finance; budget; grant report
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to require the department of finance and management to submit an annual report to the general assembly regarding all grants issued by executive branch agencies in the preceding calendar year.
AN ACT RELATING TO REQUIRING EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES TO ISSUE AN ANNUAL GRANT REPORT
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 32 V.S.A. § 313 is added to read:
§ 313. GRANT REPORT
(a) Annually, beginning January 15, 2009, the department of finance and management shall file with the house committees on ways and means and on appropriations and the senate committees on finance and on appropriations a report on all grants made by each executive branch agency in the preceding calendar year. The report shall be formatted as a table and shall include:
(1) An identification number or code for each grant issued by an agency;
(2) The name and address of every applicant for each grant;
(3) The name and address of the ultimate recipient of grant monies;
(4) A description of the purpose or use of the grant;
(5) The amount of the grant; and
(6) Whether the agency acquired the grant funds from a federal or a state funding source.
(b) Grant reports issued under this section shall be public records available for inspection and review.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street