|BILL AS INTRODUCED||2007-2008|
Introduced by Representatives Bray of New Haven, Ainsworth of Royalton, Godin of Milton, Malcolm of Pawlet and Perry of Richford
Subject: Labor; agriculture; workers' compensation; decrease premium rates
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to reduce workers’ compensation premiums for agricultural employment by implementing the following:
(1) A public outreach campaign to raise employers’ awareness of importance of workplace safety and available resources and educate them about their rights and responsibilities under the workers’ compensation law.
(2) A grant program to help medium-sized employers defray safety consultation costs.
(3) A program that encourages the creation of “safety partnerships” between workers’ compensation insurance carriers and the industry groups they insure.
(4) Require workers’ compensation insurance carriers to offer
$500.00-deductible workers’ compensation policies to all employers regardless of size.
(5) Limit entitlement to temporary total disability benefits to 104 weeks.
(6) Limit vocational rehabilitation benefits to 52 weeks.
(7) Remove the cost of living adjustment for all indemnity benefits except permanent total disability.
(8) Terminate disability benefits when a claimant reaches retirement age.
(9) Allow an offset against permanent total disability benefits for payments received for employer-sponsored disability or retirement benefits.
(10) Establish limits for various medical services.
AN ACT RELATING TO WORKERS’ COMPENSATION AND AGRICULTURE
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
(TEXT OMITTED IN SHORT-FORM BILLS)
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street