|BILL AS INTRODUCED||2007-2008|
Introduced by Representatives Jewett of Ripton, Flory of Pittsford and Minter of Waterbury
Subject: Transportation; agency of transportation; cost-containment committee
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to establish a cost-containment committee within the agency of transportation.
AN ACT RELATING TO ESTABLISHING A COST-CONTAINMENT COMMITTEE WITHIN THE AGENCY OF TRANSPORTATION
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 19 V.S.A. § 6a is added to read:
§ 6a. COST-CONTAINMENT COMMITTEE WITHIN THE AGENCY
A cost-containment committee is established within the agency of transportation consisting of the commissioner of motor vehicles, or designee, and the directors of each division, or designee. The committee shall establish cost-containment goals and shall report annually to the members of the general assembly on the following:
(1) The national trends in the cost of transportation projects.
(2) Vermont trends in the cost of transportation projects.
(3) Approaches used in other states to lessen cost increases.
(4) Recommendations as to which of the approaches might work in Vermont.
(5) The degree to which the cost-containment goals have or have not been met and a plan for meeting unmet goals in the future.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street