|BILL AS INTRODUCED||2007-2008|
Introduced by Representatives Dostis of Waterbury, Errecart of Shelburne, Canfield of Fair Haven, Cheney of Norwich, Edwards of Brattleboro, Klein of East Montpelier, Krawczyk of Bennington, LaVoie of Swanton, Mitchell of Barnard, Nuovo of Middlebury and Weston of Burlington
Subject: Agency fees; air contaminant fee
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to change the air contaminant fee for the combustion of wood from $0.103 to $0.025 per ton burned.
AN ACT RELATING TO THE AIR CONTAMINANT FEE FOR BURNING WOOD
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 3 V.S.A. § 2822(l) is amended to read:
(l) Commencing with registration year 1993 and for each year thereafter, any person required to pay a fee to register an air contaminant source under
10 V.S.A. § 555(c) in addition shall pay the following fees for emissions of hazardous air contaminants resulting from the combustion of any of the following fuels in fuel burning or manufacturing process equipment.
(1) Coal--$0.43 per ton burned;
$0.025 per ton burned;
(3) No. 6 grade fuel oil--$0.0005 per gallon burned;
(4) No. 4 grade fuel oil--$0.0004 per gallon burned;
(5) No. 2 grade fuel oil--$0.0002 per gallon burned;
(6) Liquid propane gas--$0.0002 per gallon burned;
(7) Natural gas--$0.87 per million cubic feet burned.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street