|BILL AS INTRODUCED||2007-2008|
Introduced by Representative Obuchowski of Rockingham
Subject: Conservation; Act 250; expired permits; continued jurisdiction
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to make it clear that Act 250 jurisdiction over an expired permit continues as necessary to assure proper site reclamation, the maintenance of monitoring, the remediation of ongoing environmental impacts, and the protection of the environment, public safety, and other values protected by this chapter.
AN ACT RELATING TO CONTINUED ACT 250 JURISDICTION OVER EXPIRED PERMITS, AS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 10 V.S.A. § 6090(d) is added to read:
(d) Despite the fact that a permit may have expired under this chapter, jurisdiction under this chapter shall continue to exist as necessary to assure one or more of the following:
(1) Compliance with the permit and any permit conditions.
(2) The completion of proper site reclamation measures.
(3) The maintenance of any required monitoring capability.
(4) The identification and remediation of any ongoing environmental impacts.
(5) The protection of the environment, public safety, and other values protected by this chapter.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street