ACT NO. 65
Appropriations; Omnibus Appropriations; Fiscal Year 2008
This act is the Fiscal Year 2008 Omnibus Appropriations Act which provides appropriations for the support of state government for fiscal year 2008. The act also contains amendments to No. 16 of the Acts of 2007, the Fiscal Year 2007 Budget Adjustment Act, and No. 215 of the Acts of 2006, the Fiscal Year 2007 Omnibus Appropriations Act, thereby amending appropriation amounts for fiscal year 2007. For details and summaries of the amounts appropriated, reference should be made to the explanatory and summary documents prepared by the Legislative Joint Fiscal Office.
In addition, the act authorizes and directs several agencies to report to the legislature or its committees on many fiscally related programmatic issues. And it establishes 2007 interim study activities including the following:
* Independent Study of the Use Value Appraisal Program, Sec. 293a.
* Solid Waste Management Facilities Working Group regarding ANR reorganization to regulate and manage solid waste, Sec. 293b.
* State Law Enforcement Study Committee, Sec. 293c.
* Planning by the Defender General and States Attorneys for caseload management for Chittenden County, 293d.
* Pay Act Study Committee to review pay act funding, Secs. 8 and 8a.
* Traumatic Brain Injury Study Committee, Sec. 152a.
* Department of Corrections plan for decreasing incarceration costs, Sec. 153a.
* Justice Reinvestment Working Group to work with the Council of State Governments Justice Center to analyze corrections population growth, spending, and recidivism.
Effective Date: July 1, 2007 for fiscal year 2008 appropriations, and from passage (June 4, 2007) for amendments to fiscal year 2007 appropriation amounts.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street