ACT NO. 61
Motor vehicles; neighborhood electric vehicle; driver license;
suspension; safety organization; tire size
(1) Amends the definition of neighborhood electric vehicle in the motor vehicle statutes to mean a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating less than 3,000 pounds.
(2) Clarifies that a suspension or revocation of a license to operate a motor vehicle, nondriver identification card, or motor vehicle registration shall be deemed to be in effect upon receipt of the notice, if made in person, or three days after the deposit of the notice in the United States mail, if made in writing and sent by first class mail to the last known address of the person.
(3) Authorizes safety or service organization registration plates to be issued to trucks registered for less than 26,001 pounds which are not registered under the International Registration Plan.
(4) Repeals the requirement that special plates or parking placards for persons with disabilities be renewed when the condition is permanent and stable.
(5) Repeals the requirement that a citizen of a foreign country produce a passport and visa, a green card, or other proof of legal presence when applying for a nondriver identification card.
(6) Repeals an obsolete provision of the motor vehicle statutes which provides for an abstract of a motor vehicle licensees operating record.
(7) Eliminates the requirement that tire size be included on an application to register a motor truck.
Effective Date: July 1, 2007
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street