Introduced by Representative Seibert of Norwich
Subject: Housing; affordable housing; condominium
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to make an exception to the condominium law for small condominiums to speed the progress and decrease the costs associated with affordable housing development. The exception will:
1. Permit the declaration to be recorded before the entire project is built.
2. Simplify what is otherwise a very expensive survey requirement.
3. Allow the developer, rather than an independent engineer or architect, to certify the plat and the building plans.
4. Permit the use of a unit as a management office.
5. Do away with the very complicated and expensive disclosure memorandum.
AN ACT RELATING TO SIMPLIFYING AFFORDABLE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 27A V.S.A. § 1-209 is added to read:
§ 1-209. SMALL CONDOMINIUMS; EXCEPTION
A condominium that will contain no more than nine units and is not subject to any development rights, unless the declaration provides that the entire act is applicable, shall not be subject to subdivisions 2-109(b)(2) and (11), subsection 2-109(g), section 2-115, and Article 4 of this title.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street