Introduced by Representatives Parent of St. Albans City and Wright of Burlington
Subject: Military affairs; benefits and protections; Vermont military personnel
Statement of purpose: This bill proposes to provide the following benefits and protections to Vermont military personnel:
(1) Freedom from discrimination based on military service.
(2) Prohibition against life insurance policies lapsing for nonpayment of premium during active duty and for two years thereafter.
(3) Protection against enforcement of storage liens on household goods, furniture, or personal effects of a member of the military during active duty and for three months thereafter.
(4) Suspension of professional liability insurance for military personnel during active duty, upon request.
(5) Prohibition against foreclosure of mortgage for nonpayment during active military service and for six months thereafter, provided the property was subject to that mortgage prior to active duty.
(6) Provision of a higher education leave of absence to perform military duty with a refund of credit provided for tuition.
(7) Provision of the right for dependent children students to continue to attend the public school attended prior to relocation caused by military service.
(8) Waiver of professional continuing education requirements and extension of professional licenses that expire while the license holder is serving in active military service for the period of active service and one year thereafter.
(9) Provision of free hunting and fishing licenses for Vermont residents while they are training or drilling in reserve services.
(10) Free access to video teleconferencing centers, including libraries for immediate family members to communicate with deployed members of the military.
AN ACT RELATING TO SUPPORTING VERMONT MILITARY PERSONNEL
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
(TEXT OMITTED IN SHORT‑FORM BILLS)
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street