AN ACT RELATING TO CHEMICAL SENSITIVITIES IN STATE BUILDINGS
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. AIR QUALITY PROTOCOLS; IMPLEMENTATION DIRECTIVE
(a) The department of buildings and general services shall immediately implement and shall immediately distribute, in collaboration with the department of human resources and in a manner sufficient to ensure notice to all state employees, all departmental protocols relating to indoor air quality and chemical sensitivities in buildings owned or leased by the state, including:
(1) Policy #0005, adopted by the department on January 18, 1999, Floor Covering Protocol.
(2) Policy #0008, adopted by the department on August 12, 2000, Indoor Air Quality Complaint Protocol.
(b) On or before October 1, 2005, the department shall examine its policies relating to indoor air quality and chemical sensitivities and update the policies as necessary to minimize impediments facing employees who wish to file complaints.
(c) On or before January 15, 2006, the department shall report to the house and senate committees on institutions regarding:
(1) Actions taken to implement the directives of this act.
(2) Whether and under what circumstances carpet should continue to be installed in state-owned and state-leased buildings.
(3) The number, types, and dates of complaints made to or filed with the department of buildings and general services regarding air quality in state‑owned and state-leased buildings during calendar year 2005.
The Vermont General Assembly
115 State Street