NO. 86. AN ACT RELATING TO RECORDING A NOTICE OF LEASE.
It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:
Sec. 1. 27 V.S.A. § 341(c) is added to read:
(c) A lease of real property that has a term of more than one year from the making of the lease need not be recorded at length if a notice or memorandum of lease, which is executed, witnessed and acknowledged as provided in subsection (a) of this section, is recorded in the land records of the town in which the leased property is situated. The notice of lease shall contain at least the following information:
(1) the names of the parties to the lease as set forth in the lease;
(2) a statement of the rights of a party to extend or renew the lease;
(3) any addresses set forth in the lease as those of the parties;
(4) the date of the execution of the lease;
(5) the term of the lease, the date of commencement, and the date of termination;
(6) a description of the real property as set forth in the lease;
(7) a statement of the rights of a party to purchase the real property or exercise a right of first refusal with respect thereto;
(8) a statement of any restrictions on assignment of the lease; and
(9) the location of an original lease.
Approved: April 13, 1998