ACT NO. 37
This act updates the agricultural statutes relating to organic foods, quarantines, feeding prohibited food waste to swine, the list of reportable diseases, the list of dairy animals, and the interstate shipment of livestock products. Specifically, this act:
(1) Repeals the organic label design and organic farm advisory board statute.
(2) Adds water buffalo to the list of dairy animals and adds transmissible spongiform encephalopathies to the list of reportable diseases.
(3) Expands the commissioners quarantine authority to include exposed premises, equipment, material and products.
(4) Updates the statutes relating to feeding prohibited food waste to swine.
(5) Updates the statute relating to the interstate shipment of livestock products.
Effective Date: July 1, 2003